The Holy Trinity in Gornji Milanovac
The Holy Trinity Church in Gornji Milanovac is the last endowment of Prince Milos Obrenovic. The construction that began in 1860. was completed by his son and heir to the throne, Prince Mihailo Obrenovic in 1862. after Milos”s dead. Nastas Djordjevic a famous neo-class of that period was engaged in the construction of the church. In the church there is an old iconostasis, as well as the remains of the old oak from Takovo where the historic Takovski sabor was held in 1815.
The Church of Saint Nicholas in Brusnica
The Church of Saint Nicholas was built in 1837. by Jovan Obrenovic. The members of the dynasty Obrenovic are buried at the church yard.
The Church of Saint George at Rudnik
The Church of Saint George is the first church at Rudnik built after 1453. After Turkish occupation all the churches were destroyed. During the church renovation medieval Serbian coins from the reign of Emperor Dusan were found.
The Church of Saint Sava in Savinac
The Church of Saint Sava is the first Milos”s endowment in the liberated Serbia. It was built from 1819. to1821. The church was renovated in 1860. in the memory of Milos”s wife, Princes Ljubica. After the reconstruction of 1860, it became the burial church of the Obrenovic and Vukomanovic family. Mina Vukomanovic Karadzic, a poet, painter and the daughter of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic is buried in the church.
The Church of Saint George
Dedicated to Saint George, a protector of warriors, professions and organizations was completed in 1995.
The Church of Saint Nicholas in Silopaj
The church of Saint Nicholas in Silopaj was built by Ljuba Saracevic between the First and Second World War. The church was consecrated in 1939. by the Bishop Nikolaj Velimirovic. It was built from yellow sandstone, decorated with a beautiful rose from the same material above the entrance door.
The Wooden Church in Takovo
The wooden church in Takovo dedicated to a Saint George is one of the oldest church architecture of this type in Serbia. It was built in 1795.History of the church is connected to the Second Serbian Uprising in 1815. After Milos Obrenovic held a speech on rising Uprising the rebellions gathered and had a Holy Communion and they took the pledge to Milos Obrenovic. The church was renovated in 1935.
The Wooden Church in Ljutovnica
The Wooden Church in Ljutovnica dedicated to Saint Nicholas is one of the best preserved churches in Serbia. It was renovated in 1952 . Old iconostasis, work of Nikola Apostolovic is partially preserved.
The Church of the Holy Assumption of Christ in Pranjani
The wooden church dedicated to the resurrection of Christ was built in 1827. based on the old buildings from 1724. Once richly decorated iconostasis only Imperial Doors remained in authentic form. Windows are very small, the church was renovated and preserved in 1992.
The Church of Saint Petka in Kostinici
The Church of Saint Petka was built in 1996. The church was consecrated by Mr. Stefan the bishop of the Monastery Zica.
The Monastery of Vracevsnica
The Monastery of Vracevsnica dedicated to St George situated in the southern slopes of the Rudnik mountain was built by Radic Postupovic the great “celnik” (captain) in the service of Stefan Lazarevic and Djuradj Brankovic in 1428 to 1429. The rich history of the monastery is certified by it”s turbulent devastation and reconstruction. It has been destroyed and rebuilt many times. Monks from monastrery of Decani stayed in Vracevsnica monastery from 1805 to1815 when they kept the Holy relics of King Stefan Prvovencani . Monastery was cultural and political center of the entire Rudnik mountain region. The decision to raise the Second Uprising was made in Vracevsnica monastery.. Kragujevac town was proclaimed the capital of Serbia in the monastery Vracevsnica. In the reign of prince Milos Obrenovic monastery was completely renovated. The Monastery complex is enriched with three hospices-dormitories dating from the various historical periods. Visnja Obrenovic, mother of Prince Milos Obrenovic is buried at the Monastery yard. In the monastery visitors can see the engraving from 18th century, furniture of the dynasty Obrenovic, as well as the cross from the Second Uprising etc. Nearby the monastery in Gornja Crnuca, there is a Konak (residence) of Prince Milos that was the capital of Serbia for three years, until relocation to Kragujevac in 1819.
Konak (the residence) of Prince Milos in Donja Crnuca
Vujan Monastery is situated in the wooded southern slopes of the Vujan mountain and it is dedicated to the Archangel Gabriel As though by historians, the monastery dates back to the Middle Age, but its original name is Obrovin. The present monastery was rebuilt in 1805. by Nikola Milicevic - Lunjevica, the grandfather of the queen Draga Obrenovic. Nikola Lunjevica and Lazar Mutap the prominent dukes in the First Serbian Uprising were buried at the churchyard of the Church of St Gaabriel the Archangel